Drip Irrigation Design & Supplies
KIM is a small firm located in Kibbutz Amir, in the Upper Galilee of Israel. The company focuses on irrigation design, 3D modeling for pipe systems, mapping, GIS, frame design, and analysis and WEB application development for engineers.
General Information We Request from Clients
- We need polygon marking over Google Earth files (kmz) or a survey map (LIDAR). If a survey map is not sent, Google Earth topography will be used in the design. The client accepts that discrepancies to the terrain are possible and that the client is responsible for these differences. If you have already a specific layout for the piping network, you must mark it before we begin the process on the first map.
- Marking Water Sources.. This can be any sort of pond, lake, river, etc., as well as marking a preferred pumping method (i.e., centrifugal pumps, submersible, borehole). If a pressure system exists, marking the water source is required.
- Defining crop type. This includes the daily water usage of crops, the distance between rows, distance, between laterals.
- Emitter type. Sprinkler, drip, pivot, etc. If you are using a specific emitter, please send a PDF of the product data.
- Pipe types. For both the main and sub-main types. For example: PVC, PE, steel, GRP.
- Fittings standard for flanges. Examples: DIN2502, BS4506, ISO7005.
General Information about Drip Irrigation Design & Supplies@ KIM
Irrigation design at KIM is divided into two main sections. Mapping + BOM, and 3D Detail + BOM.
A map is a two-dimensional representation of the designed field, and the BOM includes mostly the “infield components,” meaning main pipe, sub-main, fittings, laterals, manual valves, and other components that repeat on land and are represented by a symbol on the map.
The 3D detail is a 1:1 representation of an assembly that serves as a unique system on the field. For example, an irrigation head, pump station, barrier vale, filtration system, fertilizer head. A 3D detail is presented by a drawing which contains a couple of views (usually top, front, and isometric) and BOM with “balloons” on at least one of the views (typically the isometric one).
Defining the details to be modeled for each project is a must. It is also crucial to keep in mind as the client, what exactly are you paying for. The contractor that installed the system should likewise have a clear understanding what to do when s/he reads the drawings.
How the Process Works
We get the information (listed above) from the client and start mapping the area with Autocad. We will then send the polygons and their respective areas to you for review. We wait for your approval before moving onto the irrigation design. This usually takes 1 to 4 days, including client review.
The next step is the hydraulic calculation. We will draw according to calculus and create a clear and easy to read map. There will you find piping diameters, flow rates, critical velocity and required head. You can review and take notes on this map. The notes will be written in the PDF directly using the program “Foxit Reader” (which is free.)
The next step is to finalize the map according to the client notes and create the aesthetic changes necessary as well.
3D details will be created according to the client request, and a drawing for each detail will be reviewed and approved by the client. We will also supply the BOM on .csv or .xls format, depending on the client’s request.
The client will choose whether s/he prefers to order the parts from Israel or a preferred supplier. The advantage of ordering from Israel is that we already have most of the top manufacturers here and our BOM refer to item codes which belong to local manufacturers.
Steel manifold and steel filters can also be supplied from Israel from known and partnering factories. We create for them a set of shop drawings and they build up the manifolds for a 1:1 ratio, and afterward take care of paint, finish type, and packaging details.
Pricing and Corrections
A price quote will be sent for the design before commencing work. Each project is unique and will have its own specific quote according to its needs. For projects that use nearly identical configurations, a price per hectare is possible. This type of project demands a set of defined rules set by you to create a standard.
We hope to assist you in your future projects. We can help you succeed and serve your clients at the highest level. We are a small team, we react fast, we give attention to each project carefully, and we are here to serve those who believe in details.